Monday 3 December 2012

Funny Haha!

Ok, so for many many years I have been told that I am funny. When people meet me for the first time, they always look at me and say, "Oh gosh but you're funny!" I don't know what I do that seems to make people laugh so much. Usually, I'm just relaying a story that  happened to me in the past (my life can be that ridiculous yes), and people seem to love that.

My older brother, Tristan, has mentioned to me more than once that I should go into stand-up comedy. During the National Arts Festival, he urged me to sign up for the amateur open-mic night. I was absolutely petrified and said no!! But it's gotten me thinking... I wonder if I could be the next Barry Hilton, Jimmy Carr, or Eddie Izzard (just with boobs and a pretty face). It has been playing over and over again in my head, and I have taken to writing down the things I say that seem to make my family laugh. Who knows, perhaps one day I could be performing in front of a live audience.

I am not a comedic writer though, I will admit. That is not a skill I have - to entertain through writing. However, my performance skills are (apparently) quite good. My delivery of jokes and stories are what I do best.

Fingers crossed and will keep you posted on how this all plays out....

No comments:

Post a Comment