Wednesday 27 June 2012

Some memories never fade...

Hi, my name is Candice, and I am a photograph junkie! But let me clarify: I don't necessarily like taking photo's (that's a skill I don't own), but I love flicking through albums and looking at photo's. I have spent many hours pouring over old family albums, and I never get tired of seeing the same photographs. 

There's a kind of magic within a black-and-white photo, showing how your parents looked when they were babies. The best is looking at how older family members looked when they were your age - with the same care-free smiles you wear. Even though the person in the photo may have changed, the beautiful thing is that the photo will always be the same, and it will always hold those beautiful moments and memories.

One of my favourite websites is: dearphotograph.com. People send in photo's and comments/quirks about one of their favourite photo's and I could easily spend hours on this page. Some of the stories and memories are beautiful to read and it makes you cherish your memories with your loved ones.

If I could, I would send them this picture with the following caption:


"My mother is the strongest person I know, and my older brother always has a kind word to give. They are the people that inspire me. I wish I could have gotten to know my gran better, as she gave me the wonderful mother I have today."

Photo's never grow old! Hmmm, I think it's time I cracked open those albums again....

No comments:

Post a Comment